Friday, May 27, 2005

Things that would be a poor choice to use as a pickup line

you're almost as pretty as your friend
don't worry, it's not contagious
hi there. can you buy me a drink?
that's a nice outfit you have on. but it would look even better if you took it to the cleaners, had it cleaned and pressed, and then put it on again.
if I told you you have a beautiful body would you be able to tell that I was lying?
hey baby, can I buy you breakfast? here's a $5 gift certificate to McDonald’s. try the new mcgriddle.
hi beautiful. is that your perfume or did somebody cut the cheese?
I'm out on parole and ready for love!
hey baby, it's your lucky day! I'm too drunk to care what you look like.
wow, I bet you must be a model . . . plus-size of course.
has anybody ever told you that you look like charlize theron? I just watched her in monster and the resemblance is striking.

6 Comments:

At Saturday, May 28, 2005 12:00:00 AM, Blogger word. said...

LMAO at the parol one!!

Mr. H I put some pics up of you at my site!!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 12:04:00 AM, Blogger word. said...

Apparantly I don't know how to spell parole.

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 2:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Grover, GREAT LIST! :) hehe...

I think I could actually get away with, "Hi there. Can you buy me a drink?" I'll try it and tell you if it's a success.

Charlize Theron in Monster = ugh. She was wonderful, though.

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 11:28:00 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I agree with Carly, I think that depending on how cute the guy was, I could in fact go for the "can you buy me a drink" line. At least he'd have a sense of humor, even if his wallet was running on empty.

 
At Sunday, May 29, 2005 1:12:00 AM, Blogger Brent said...

... well this is so very cool. Carly and Linds you are both on assignment to try out the "can you buy me a drink...?" line which I, little 'ol grover, have come up with

I will leave it to you discretion as to whether or not you tell the guy a little blue monster that you know came up with the line - use your best judgment

Ok well report back and let me know how things work out. If either of you end up getting married as a result of this, I expect to be mentioned by name in the wedding vows

- G

 
At Sunday, May 29, 2005 6:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty shy but I'll do it, Grover. But I'm already gonna have a lot of "liquid courage" in me at that point.

Oh, which means I could also use, "Hey baby, it's your lucky day! I'm too drunk to care what you look like."

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home