Monday, July 04, 2005

Things that I did yesterday . . .

Hiked to Dry Lake up in the San Gorgonio Wilderness . . . really!

As you can see from the fabulous new picture at the top of my blog, I was up in mountains yesterday. After an easy little 7 hour hike (some of the people with me seemed to think it was "strenuous"... I think they're all big babies), we made it almost 10,000 feet up in the SoCal mountains all the way up to Dry Lake -- which as you can see is not very dry at all.

It was very beautiful, as of course am I. Almost makes it difficult to decide what in the picture to look at. Am I right?

Anyway, more on the little journey later -- just wanted to account for the new pic I am featuring.

- Lil G

7 Comments:

At Monday, July 04, 2005 4:16:00 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Dearest Devil-G,

Maybe the reason you didn't find the hike very strenuous is because you rode in the back of Brent's backpack the entire way up and down. The rest of us actually hiked the 14.2 miles! All you did was sing your hideous version of the song Roxanne by Sting, replacing the title of the song with a screeching, "Roooooccck slide!" We all wanted to leave you to the bears at Dry Lake, but then figured the bears wouldn't know what to do with you either. Oh well, I guess we have to put up with you for awhile longer.

 
At Tuesday, July 05, 2005 1:08:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Wait, you were in Gruntley's backpack? So didya keep hearing water sounds? LOL... ;)

 
At Tuesday, July 05, 2005 1:12:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

PS- in your new photo up top you have a thread out of place on your head. Time for a trim, Grover?

 
At Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:32:00 PM, Blogger Brent said...

that's really funny mary....

 
At Tuesday, July 05, 2005 10:26:00 PM, Blogger Shari said...

LMAO Mary! I noticed the fuzzy on his head too!!! That's too funny. I was going to airbrush it out but decided it didn't need to be that perfect. Leave it to Miss Mary Moo to notice it. It's not a thread, it's definitely just random lint/fuzzies that he occasionally picks up until we de-lint him. :-)

 
At Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:42:00 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Actually, that IS really funny Mary! Nicely, nicely done. :)

Those are really great pictures, Shari! It looks sooo pretty- and sunny. Glod, but I miss the sun.

I love hiking, but never get to go anymore. No time, and not many friends left who are willing to spend a solid 6 hrs outside without a tv. Well. Except for my brother, who's idea of a nice hike is 20 miles up the steep side of a freakin' mountain.

Yeah. No.

 
At Wednesday, July 06, 2005 9:31:00 PM, Blogger Shari said...

If you ever come to California, you can come hiking with us. We're really fun. As I'm sure you've noticed by now. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home